2023-2024 Global Cytology Educational Program
The ASC’s Global Cytology Educational Program will expand cytopathology skills to all pathology professionals internationally, allowing them to adapt to this ever-changing industry.
Pathologists and pathology trainees from around the world will have an opportunity to participate in this unique program that provides global access to cytopathology education from skilled faculty in the United States.
The Global Cytology Educational Program will cover the current cytopathology topics with:
- Wide-ranging and customized educational sessions to enhance diagnostic techniques
- Multimodal learning, including pre-workshop self-learning, engaging and interactive live virtual educational strategies, and scored self-assessments
- A dynamic, world-renowned faculty currently practicing in the United States
- Opportunity for Q&A and ability to share experiences from different cytopathology practice settings
Subspecialty education in cytopathology is limited globally. This program will provide opportunities for exposure to and education in cytopathology. The virtual format will enable participation from different regions of the world, including resource limited settings.
The following sessions will be broadcasted LIVE.
|October 11, 2023||10:30 AM, Eastern||2:30 PM GMT||Glorimar Rivera, MD||Non-Pap Gyn Cytology|
|December 13, 2023||10:30 AM, Eastern||2:30 PM GMT||Eva Wojcik, MD||Urine Cytology|
|February 14, 2024||10:30 AM, Eastern||2:30 PM GMT||Paul VanderLaan, MD, PhD||Thyroid Cytology|
|April 10, 2024||10:30 AM, Eastern||2:30 PM GMT||Sinchita Roy-Chowdhuri, MD, PhD||Lung Cytology|
|June 12, 2024||10:30 AM, Eastern||2:30 PM GMT||Ashish Chandra, MD, FRCPath, DipRCPath (Cytol)||Effusions Cytology|
Cytologists/cytotechnologists, cytology/cytotechnology students, pathologists, cytopathologists, pathology residents and fellows from the international community.
- Expose learners to the basics cytology of commonly sampled specimens
- Discuss common entities, morphologic pitfalls, and applicable ancillary tests
- Highlight the value of rapid on site evaluation (ROSE) and discuss appropriate triaging
- Review standardized classification systems and general cytopathology reporting
- Model fine needle aspiration (FNA) and slide preparation techniques
October 11, 2023
Non-Pap Gyn Cytology
Glorimar Rivera, MD
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
December 13, 2023
Eva Wojcik, MD
Loyola University Medical Center
February 14, 2024
Paul VanderLaan, MD, PhD
Beth Israel-Deaconess Medical Center
April 10, 2024
Sinchita Roy-Chowdhuri, MD, PhD
MD Anderson Cancer Center
June 12, 2024
Ashish Chandra, MD, FRCPath, DipRCPath(Cytol)
Guy's & St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust
London, United Kingdom
Participants who attend all sessions and complete the post-session evaluations will receive a certificate of participation at the end of the course in June 2024.
- 7.50 Participant